Your agreement has been ratified following a vote on Friday, March 1.
This is a three-year agreement which includes zero-per-cent wage increases in the first two years (2017/18 and 2018/19) and a wage reopener in the third year (2019/20). If we do not agree on a salary adjustment during the wage reopener by Sept. 30, 2019, this will be forwarded to interest arbitration.
This agreement is an improvement in many ways, including:
• New language addressing bullying, harassment, and discrimination;
• A new Employee – Management Advisory Committee;
• Six paid Personal or Emergency Leave days that you are able to take for a broader range of circumstances, and a new article giving you unlimited annual Bereavement Leave as well as expanding the definition of your immediate family;
• If you need to take Bereavement Leave or are hospitalized during scheduled vacation, you can access these leaves and your vacation bank will be adjusted accordingly;
• Your expired Letter of Understanding for Health Spending Accounts has been replaced by a new clause in the agreement. Benefit years begin every July 1, and the full amount for the 2018/19 year will be available to you.
Your bargaining committee is dedicated to keeping you informed throughout the entire negotiations process. Please do not hesitate to contact a member of your committee or AUPE resource staff with any questions, comments or concerns you may have.